Schools are required to post environmental testing results on their web site.
Oct. 28th, 2016 – EagleRidge High School Passes Environmental Testing for Lead:
The Neilson Research Corporation of Medford, Oregon tested 19 samples from EagleRidge High School taken on 10/18/2016 and found that all samples were below the maximum 20 parts per billion (ppb) allowed. It was also found that two samples although under the maximum threshold were found to be above 5 ppb. These samples were from two sinks that are normally not used. One sink in the Science Prep Room and one at a Math classroom sink showed slightly elevated levels of lead. These sinks have been turned off and disconnected according to Donald Petersen, Director at EagleRidge.
EagleRidge High School is in the process of going through an Accreditation Process with AdvancEd for the 2016-17 School Year.
Students, Parents, Staff, Administration, and Board assemble information to allow the AdvancEd Accreditation Team to accomplish an external review of EagleRidge High School. The team will spend two days at EagleRidge speaking with students, parents, and staff including observing in classrooms and evaluating the data collected. A score from 1-4 will be given in 5 major categories including specific sub categories. The Accreditation Team will then report back to the Staff at EagleRidge H.S. and note areas of strength and improvement.
2016 – 2017 EagleRidge Receives Great Accreditation Review
External Team Rating Self Assessment
Std 1, Purpose: 3.33 3.33 Rated Same
Std 2, Gov/Lead: 3.33 2.83 Rated Higher
Std 3, Teach/Assess: 3.00 2.83 Rated Higher
Std 4, Res/Support: 3.29 3.14 Rated Higher
Std 5, Cont Improve: 2.60 2.60 Rated Same
EagleRidge Powerful Practices:
- EagleRidge H.S. has a strong well established culture of acceptance and camaraderie.
- EagleRidge’s Board provides support and encouragement to the school leadership through practices and policies that foster effective administration.
- EagleRidge has a staff that is passionately committed to proving the validity and creation of a proficiency assessed project learning program.
- Every student at EagleRidge is well known and treated with respect by staff.
- Every staff member and student at EagleRidge has access to an exceptional collection of media and instructional technology.
- The technology infrastructure at EagleRidge provides enviable opportunities for teaching and learning.
Opportunity for Improvement:
- EagleRidge needs to seek out professional development opportunities to continually strengthen the project based learning instructional methods.
- The District that supports EagleRidge in the area of Special Education was found to be inadequate. Additional supports are necessary for academic counseling. It was recommended that the special education contract be negotiated to better meet this need.