Success Statistic Older
EagleRidge High School is an exceptional school!
Five Year Report of Progress- June 4, 2013 to read
05 27 13 EHS five year report
2012-2013 was a successful year!
♦ Our 91% OAKS reading score placed us in the top 10% in the state of Oregon!
♦ EagleRidge exceeded Oregon math requirements. ♦ Highest mathematics OAKS scores in the Klamath Basin!
♦ EagleRidge is firmly committed to student success and focused on preparing student for a smooth transition either college or career and service to their community.
EagleRidge High School focused on an Action Plan in the following areas:
1) STUDENT SUCCESS AND ACHIEVEMENT INFORMATION FOR CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION:
• Achievement Reward System: New system to recognize and reward students for excellence in attendance, grades, and meeting or exceeding all state test requirements.
• Intervention Specialist: Students are receiving additional help in Reading and Math.
• Reading Interventions: Read 180 program and other supplemental materials are used to develop literacy skills in students. Students experiencing success in reading are now able to access information in other core content areas.
• Math Interventions: Specialized materials, technology and supplemental instruction is provided to any student that needs additional support. Note: Math tutoring is available before and after school to assist students with meeting high expectations in math.
• Student Success Coordinator: Collecting data, coordinating agency support and working with adult mentors through Citizens for Safe Schools to ensure student success.
• Extended Learning Opportunities: Extra help is available after regular school hours and during the summer for students to meet rigorous learning outcomes.
2) Professional Development – EagleRidge Staff has completed over 1,000 hours of professional training in the following areas:
• The Buck Institute for Education: Using engaging projects that are aligned to State Standards to challenge every level of student. Our staff has been highly trained in using Project Based Learning and has ongoing support, training and access to the Buck Institute’s national resources.
* Literacy and Direct Instruction: All staff are integrating direct instruction and common literacy strategies into all content areas.
* Data Driven Decision Making: Using data to guide all instructional decisions has been an integral part of the training.
2011-2012 was another successful year for EagleRidge High School.
♦ Our school experienced tremendous academic growth with 91% of our students meeting the Oregon State benchmarks for reading and 84% meeting in mathematics.
♦ We are very proud that we also achieved our goal of 92% for attendance. Our 2011-2012 School Report Card reflects that our students want to come to school and they are succeeding academically.
In 2010 EagleRidge was awarded a School Improvement Grant that allowed us to implement interventions in the areas of reading and mathematics. Additionally it helped us put in place positive behavior supports and rewards for attendance and academic achievement. We are working closely with our families and community partners to ensure our students are fully engaged in both school and community and are truly lifelong learners.